Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Fairly New To Blogging




So I'm fairly new to the blogging world... This should go well. Okay to start off, I am a young woman who loves trying new things! Especially in the cooking and art worlds. My Personal favorites to try are Korean and Japanese cooking. There will be a lot of those on here. I guess to start off I'll share one of my quick and easy recipes. Seaweed Soup, I have a few different recipes for this but the main one I created is one of my favorite quick meals. So a little bit of backround... Seaweed is actually considered to be a super food in North America, even though it's not normal "American" food. It is an awesome source of calcium, iodine, fiber, omega acids, vitamin B1 and B3, and is also low in calories! It has a lot of health benefits including detoxification, anti aging, blood purification etc. In South Korea people eat seaweed with other seafood such as oysters and fish. this makes enough for one person... or two if you don't eat much... I am almost absolutely starving when I come home from work so I can clean off a whole bowl. ;)

2cups -water
1tsp--- Dashi stock
broiled or baked Fish. as much or as little as you want. I love Swai but Tilapia is just as good :) also for a quicker meal you can use canned tuna(not broiled).
Either half a sheet of dry roasted seaweed(ripped up) or dried brown seaweed(to taste, and available in asian food stores)
1/2 cup cooked rice

Bring water and Dashi stock to a boil. add seaweed and broiled or baked fish(you'll have to cook it a little longer if the fish is broiled). lower temp to simmer. and cook 5-10min either add rice or serve it on the side. Also if you like, a side of Kimchi is good with that as well. :) you can buy kimchi at various different stores in the refrigerated section. As soon as I pick my best one I'll put the recipe for it on here if you'd like to make your own.



Finished! with a side of rice and a side of Kimchi!































No comments:

Post a Comment